Wikim*rks replaces the "On the wiki" menu with the links that you find most useful.
Wikim*rks are fully editable. You can add as many links as there's space on the menu bar. You can add submenus to each entry, of course. And you can even add sub-submenus - which Wikia's standard menu doesn't know.
Wikim*rks travels with you. The menu contains exactly the same links in every wiki you go to. It's your menu after all.
Note: Installation is only the first step, you must also edit your Wikim*rks to actually create your links!
To edit your Wikim*rks, click on the logo which appears in the navigation menu where it would normally say "On the Wiki". You could also go directly to Special:MyPage/Wikimarks.
For a quick start, there is a starter set that includes a lot of useful links. Just copy it to your Wikimarks, save, and you're done.
Editing Wikim*rks is easy, it's just a list of links - one link per line. Each link is wikitext, same as you use to edit pages in source mode.
- The line begins with one, two or three asterisks.
*One asterisk will place the link on the Wikim*rks menu.
**Two asterisks will place it on a submenu of the Wikim*rks menu.
***And three asterisks will place it on a sub-submenu.
Here are some basic examples:
- Makes a local link to Special:RecentChanges on the current wiki
* [[Special:RecentChanges|Recent Changes]]
- Makes an interwiki link to w:c:dev:Wikimarks
- Makes a regular hyperlink to http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/Wikimarks?oldid=9753
* [http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/Wikimarks?oldid=9753 Wikimarks]
- Makes a regular hyperlink to google.com
* [https://www.google.com Google]
For more advanced examples, see Wikimarks/Syntax.
For users migrating from the original version of Wikimarks to the new version:
- Copy w:c:wikimarks:Special:MyPage/Wikimarks to Special:MyPage/Wikimarks.
- Update to the new syntax; Wikimarks now uses standard wikitext.
- Update your Wikimarks JS import (probably in w:Special:MyPage/global.js) to
For any issues with updating, please leave a message on Talk:Wikimarks.