Hi JSharp -- we are excited to have Wikia Volunteer Developers Wiki as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be a big job, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
If you need help (which trust me we ALL do) you can access our full in-depth help at Help Wikia, or email us through our contact form. Also, you can visit our live #wikia chat channel any time. A lot of the veteran "Wikians" hang out here so its a good place if come if you want to get some advice or simply make friends.
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
A puzzle for you
The internet is a wonderful thing. It allows one to access all sorts of information with their fingertips. Unfortunately, sometimes something is not available publicly on the internet, meaning that one cannot easily find what they are searching for. For this puzzle, first discover the lateral connection between all of these items, then figure out what involving that item is not publicly available on the internet.
- Building blocks of Chemistry
- Kitchen furniture
- Deferral of consideration
- Data presentation