IsTyping displays which users are typing on chat. This also affects private messages.
The typing indicator is identified by the
typing-indicator class, and when it's visible, the
is-typing class is added to the body element.
All configuration options are stored in the
window.IsTyping object. All configuration options shown below are completely optional, and the script will work just as fine without them.
- Indicator element to use instead of one inserted by the script, allows for customizing the placement of the indicator. Type: jQuery.fn
- Whether the script will add default styles or not. If you set this to false, make sure to provide your own styling. Default: false
- Whether the typing indicator should be disabled on the main chat room. Default: false
- Whether the typing indicator should be disabled on private chat rooms. Default: false
- Whether the user should be excluded from the typing indicator list. This could be useful for seeing when others can see you typing, but you may not want this to be set to false site-wide. Default: true
- List of usernames that will be ignored and filtered out. Default: 
- Legacy configuration option for autoscrolling. Will be set automatically if
IsTyping.oldis set to true. Default: false
- Whether to use the old configuration before the update of October, 2018. Default: false
This is an example configuration which disables the typing indicator on main chat and adds an animation before it. It is only for demonstration purposes, and should not be copied unless the exact behavior described above is desired.
ignore: ['WikiaBot', 'Dorumin']
background-size: 24px 24px;
background-position: 0 5px;
Note: the indicator probably won't be visible in wikis with dark themes, you should find another image instead, or apply
filter: brightness(%) to the above file.