This page lists the community policy for the FANDOM Developers Wiki. These are largely policed by the content moderator team.
- Code hosting - host your userscript on the wiki. External userscript vendors aren't allowed for security reasons. (Applications should use a trusted open-source vendor/host.)
- New userscripts - to merit a documentation article, your userscript:
- Translation - do not contribute machine translations (e.g. Google Translate).
- Quality assurance - code from Dev Wiki is used by many wikis and many users. When submitting changes to userscripts, properly test them beforehand as mistakes in high-use userscripts can cause large-scale issues across FANDOM.
- Deprecation - do not make breaking changes to deprecated scripts:
- If it's old and isn't broken, don't touch it.
- If you need to fix it, do the bare minimum.
- Security - practice responsible disclosure. For security issues:
- in FANDOM's code, report it to FANDOM Staff.
- in userscripts, discreetly fix them, if you know how; otherwise report it to FANDOM Staff.
- Good faith - always be welcoming and polite to other Dev Wiki users.
- Attribution - when using forked code, credit the original author.
- Author control - if a script or stylesheet is actively maintained, use its talk page to suggest new features/major changes. Always ask the author(s) before making major changes yourself. (This doesn't apply to fixing minor bugs and adding translations.)
- Self-credit - you must significantly contribute to a userscript, if you wish to credit yourself as an author.
- Content moderation - Dev Wiki moderators should respect author wishes and use their tools with care.