The Fandom codebase is stored in our GitHub repository.
This page details its structure, so that you can easily navigate through the code.
We use branches to maintain and manage our code:
- contains the most current version of the code
- contains snapshots of the development branch for release (usually done twice a week)
- contains per ticket copies of the development branch with changes for a specific ticket (normally a bug fix of feature implementation) in the format where PROJECT represents the project the ticket relates to, and NUMBER represents the number of the ticket in the project's queue. These branches are then merged back into the development branch once code review has been completed.
This section details the organization of our
dev branch. Paths are relative to
dev root. Everything that is not listed here comes from MediaWiki core (note: this list might still be incomplete).
- contains most Wikia features, packaged as stand-alone extensions
- contains dependencies, services and helper classes used in different places in the code
- contains maintenance scripts, some DB schemas and misc. scripts
- contains messages used in older Wikia skins, mostly legacy